Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mad Men Inspired Dinner Party


My husband Joe was looking through the kitchen cabinets a couple of months ago and found out that we owned 3 cocktail shakers and martini glasses that we had never used before along with a book of drink recipes.  That revelation began our journey into throwing a Mad Men inspired dinner party.  It gave my husband a reason to start perfecting his bartending skills and gave me a reason to come up with a 1960's themed tablescape and menu.  A few weeks ago we hosted the party and had so much fun.  We couldn't have pulled it off without my brother David who is my kitchen sidekick.  Put the two of us in any kitchen together and not only do we produce some pretty good food but we have a great time doing it.  Menu and recipes to come in a later post.

The inspiration for the whole table setting came from the table runner I found at Home Goods.  I thought the green, brown and white design was perfect for the time period and set out to create dinner menus, drink menus and place cards utilizing that pattern.







This was Joe's bar set up:


And the martini glass that started it all:


I promise, photos of food and recipes to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...