Friday, February 10, 2012

My First Recipe Swap - Roasted Rosemary-Onion Potatoes


I gathered the courage earlier this month to enter a recipe swap that is done on a monthly basis among a wonderful group of food bloggers and cooks that belong to a message board that I frequent. I had been following a lot of their blogs for the past few months and I loved the idea of a recipe swap. Here's how it works, a theme for the swap is created then everyone has to submit one of their recipes. You are then given someone else's recipe to make and report back on by a certain date.

This month's category was potato recipes. I submitted my recipe for home fries and got Jaida from Sweet Beginning's recipe for Rosemary-Onion Potatoes to try. I love potatoes, especially roasted potatoes so I was excite to try out this recipe. I made them earlier this week for dinner with meatloaf and both Joe and I enjoyed them very much. I didn't deviate from the original recipe too much but I did use Yukon Gold potatoes instead of red potatoes since that is what I had in the house. I also used dried rosemary and thyme since I didn't have any fresh. I really like how the onions got nice and soft and sweet. I think they really helped to create a great flavor profile.

So, one recipe swap down, hopefully many more to go!

Roasted Rosemary-Onion Potatoes
Slightly adapted from Sweet Beginnings

Ingredients
4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
2/3 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or spray with cooking spray.

Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Spread potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed these! They are oen of my favorite potato sides. And, welcome to the swaps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaida! I am actually having the leftovers for lunch today. I can't wait to try them again in the summer when my herb garden is back up and running!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad your first time participating in the swap was a success. :) This looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...