Friday, December 16, 2011

Carrot Cake Cupcakes


This is another recipe that I have been making for many years that I just haven't gotten around to blogging about yet. I forget what I first made these cupcakes for but they were an instant hit. The original recipe came from allrecipes.com and I have since tweaked it here and there. I top them with cream cheese icing. When I first started making these, I did not own a food processor so let me tell you that grating the carrots by hand was quite an adventure and not something I looked forward to doing often. Now that I have my wonderful food processor with grating disc, that part is a breeze. Joe's coworkers had been clamoring for him to bring in a treat for awhile so the Monday before Thanksgiving I decided to send him in with something for the upcoming holiday. He requested these cupcakes since he had been telling everyone about them for awhile. He said they were a hit and gone very quickly.

Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups shredded carrots
1, 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, partially drained
1 batch cream cheese icing

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with liners (recipe will make 18-24 cupcakes depending on size).

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg on low in bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment. Add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix on medium-low speed until combined. Add in carrots and pineapple and mix until just incorporated, do not over-mix batter at this point.

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 - 3/4 full. Bake for 21 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks and ice when cool. Store in air tight container in refrigerator when not serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...