Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jamaican Chicken Stew


I am back! Sorry for the extra long hiatus. Not having a laptop really crimps my schedule. Luckily I think we have decided on one and will be ordering it this week. Luckily, just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean that I haven't been cooking. I have lots of posts to get ready to go over the coming weeks.


Joe and I are trying to eat better and workout more so I have been trying to make dishes that are not only healthier but quick to make since we are both off at the gym after work quite a few days of the week. This recipe fits the bill. It is great served over rice, or even just over some nicely steamed broccoli.


Jamaican Chicken Stew
From Cooking Light


Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 pound boneless,skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/4 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp capers
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes

Directions:
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Combine chicken and the next 5 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a bowl. Add chicken mixture to pan; saute 4 minutes. Stir in wine, capers, beans and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Serve over rice or steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...