Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


There is just something about chocolate and peanut butter together that I love. If you look back in the blog you will see it is a flavor combination that I use often. It is one of those timeless combinations that I never get tired of. For me, there has to be just the right mix of the too though, too much peanut butter and I am not a fan. For example, I really don't like a regular size Reese's peanut butter cup. There is too much peanut butter and not enough chocolate in it for me. The mini size ones however, have the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio.  For this batch, I had some leftover white chocolate chips that I threw in there too.  The mixture between milk and white chocolates and peanut butter was really good.

I have tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes and keep finding myself coming back to the good old Toll House recipe that is always on the back of the bags of chips. Not that there aren't other recipes that I like too but this one is just really good. It creates a cookie that is crisp on the edges and soft and chewy in the center. It is a good thing that Joe's office is receptive to homemade goodies because we had to get these out of here quickly or else we would have eaten all of them. Thanks for taking them off our hands and hips!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
From Toll House

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (11 oz package) Nestle peanut butter & milk chocolate chips
3 oz white chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.  Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.  Store in an air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...