Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies


A few weeks ago I was looking to make something to go with the Bailey's flavored ice cream that I was making (which came out so good but was gone before I can get a photo so I have to make it again so I can post it!) for dessert and decided that I wanted to do some sort of cookie. After taking stock of what I had in the house and thinking about what flavor would go well with the ice cream, I decided on an oatmeal cookie. I went to my trusty Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book and found a recipe to try and I am glad I did. These cookies were so good. I brought them over to my parents' house and they were devoured by everyone, even David who doesn't really like raisins! I used a mixture of raisins and craisins in my cookies but you can use either or neither if you want, entirely up to you.

Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup craisins

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour and then the rolled oats, raisins and craisins and mix until just combined.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...