Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken Marsala Pasta


 It was finally a little bit cooler last night and it looked like it was going to rain so cooking dinner was a solely indoor affair.  I knew I had chicken breasts taken out but what to do with them?  I was on my friend Melissa's blog I Was Born to Cook looking at her awesome lobster when I remembered that she had a recipe for chicken marsala and pasta that I had wanted to try.  And I agree with Melissa, if you want to try this recipe, go to the liquor store and get a bottle of Marsala wine, don't use what they sell in the grocery store.

The recipe was fast and easy to follow.  I made just a few very minor changes and I think it turned out wonderful.  So good that I had some and then when Joe got home from work he finished the rest of it.  Too bad, since I was really looking forward to taking the leftovers for lunch today!

Chicken Marsala Pasta
Slightly adapted from I Was Born to Cook

Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" chunks
1/4 cup flour
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, large dice
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup Marsala wine

1 teaspoon oregano
1 lb pasta
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Grated Parmesan Cheese for topping

Directions:
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter and oil.  At the same time, place water in a pot to boil for pasta and cook according to package directions.

Season flour with salt and pepper.  Toss chicken into flour, shake off excess and add to skillet once butter has melted.  Saute until chicken is brown on one side.  At this point add onion and continue to saute until chicken is brown on all sides.  Add mushrooms, chicken broth, Marsala and oregano.  Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.  Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.  If needed, add another tbsp. of butter to sauce to thicken texture at the end.  Season with salt and pepper if necessary to taste.  Remove from heat and toss with pasta.  Stir in parsley, reserving some for garnish.  Top with reserved parsley and Parmesan cheese.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...