Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BBQ Shrimp Pizza


I mentioned last week that we made two different kinds of pizza in the same night.  I told you about the more traditional one last week (chicken and mushrooms).  The other one that we put together was a little more daring but it turned out really well.  Joe tried to get me to think it tasted horrible just so he could eat it all himself.  He was very excited when the leftovers were still there for him to each for lunch over the weekend.

Originally I had wanted to make a pizza with shrimp and pesto but I was lazy and I didn't want to make my own pesto and the grocery store was out of the pre-made kind that I like to use.  I already had the other ingredients for the pizza so we decided to us BBQ sauce in place of of the pesto and were pleasantly surprised.  I still want to try the pesto version but I will make this one again too!

BBQ Shrimp Pizza
From Colleen's Kitchen Therapy

Ingredients
1/2 lb. small cooked shrimp
3/4 cup canned artichoke hearts (in water), drained and patted dry
1 tbsp. olive oil
5 oz. cremini mushrooms
1 ball (15 -16 oz.) whole wheat pizza dough
2 cups colby jack cheese
1/3 cup BBQ sauce

Directions
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.  Add the mushroom to the pan and saute 3-4 minutes until cooked.  Drain mushrooms and set aside.


Put a small amount of flour on your hands and begin working the dough into a circular shape, about 12" in diameter, working from the middle out, pulling the dough evenly.  If the dough starts to get sticky, add a little more flour to your hands.  Place dough circle on a pizza stone.  Place BBQ sauce on pizza dough spreading it out with the back of a ladle, leaving a half inch sauce free around the edges.  Spread the cheese over the sauce.  Sprinkle shrimp, artichoke hearts and mushrooms on top of cheese.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is a nice golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling.  Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...